Thursday, April 9, 2009

Sleep.

The past two days have been long and exhausting. I woke up at 4:30 yesterday morning to my mom having terrible abdominal pain, so I drove her to the hospital and stayed there for hours on end until Ashley and I left to go eat. Haven't gone to school for the past two days, and I feel like I'm inevitably going to fail but really don't care because I know I won't. With my mom in the hospital, I'm not sure of the fate of this weekend's trip to Gainesville that I had been looking forward to so much, or even the MDC show on Sunday. I'm shit broke. I need coffee. I feel like I'm half dead. I can't even complete sentences when I talk. I'm really thankful for Ashley though, who's been with me the past 48 hours more or less, ever since she came to wait with me in the hospital waiting room (terrible place, by the way) at around 6:00 yesterday morning. Her mom was also kind enough to let me stay at their house last night, as opposed to staying here while my mom is in hospital care. She just left and I'm feeling pretty bummed about it, but I have to go to school in the morning and she's got work, and that's just how things work I suppose. I love you.

Pre-this two day whirlwind, the week had been going rather smoothly. Saw Mischief Brew (above) on Monday and despite a small turnout, the opening bands, and a short set, I had a really great time. Tomorrow I may or may not be attending Riverboat Gamblers with Fake Problems at the Social, depending on my funds and my mom, of course. Once again, like any Friday night though, will be a joyous venture with Elliot to get "sushi" downtown now that he's basically recovered from surgery.

Until then though, I need sleep.

No comments: