Monday, July 27, 2009

...

I'm getting really tired of always asking my dad for money. I feel really guilty about it although I know he doesn't mind. When it comes down to it, I just need a job. Over the summer, I've applied at a lot of places but to no avail. The school year is fast approaching again though, so having a job is going to have to take a backseat to academics for my senior year. Oh well. I'm so ready to be done with high school.

So far this summer, I haven't been very productive, although I can't say I've enjoyed it. Next week I finally will be getting out of Orlando, headed down to South Florida for my dad's birthday. I'll be sure to get him something he really wants - he deserves it.

In the past two days I've finished two books - Spiral by Koji Suzuki and Hot Water Music by Charles Bukowski. I enjoyed both of them, although they're completely different - Spiral being the sequel to Ring and Hot Water Music being, well, Bukowski. I've enjoyed pretty much every book I've read this summer, although that's not a lot of books - but more than I usually would read. So far it's been - The Stranger (Albert Camus), Battle Royale (Koushun Takami), Ring/Spiral (Koji Suzuki), Hot Water Music (Charles Bukowski), and Howl And Other Poems (Allen Ginsberg). I've got a couple more laying around to read but they all seem kind of depressing, and upon finishing the last two books, both which ended on a somewhat sour note, I feel it's time for something a bit more posi.

Not sure what I'm doing tonight. I'm blogging from Ashley's laptop, laying on her bed, watching her fold clothes and occasionally telling me I suck. I love her.

Kfuckyouguysbye.

PS - Don't forget, Beartrap at Uncle Lous on Wednesday, Republicorpse/Time To Die/No Qualms at the Social on August 3rd, and motherfuckin' Andrew Jackson Jihad at the Blackboxsux Corrective August 9th!!! Whoo!

2 comments:

vivek said...

check out john fante. if you can appreciate bukowski, fante will make you cry.

Dylan Eitharong said...

Anything in particular? :)