Thursday, August 20, 2009

I loved you before I even knew you existed.

She's gonna hate me for this.

------------------

I woke up this morning and went straight for my phone. It's always the first thing I do when I wake up, as pathetic as that is. Only, this time, my phone wasn't there. The charger was plugged in, emitting it's annoying bright, flashing blue light as always, but there was no phone plugged into it. Then I remembered. That's right, I left it at Ashley's house last night. I had taken it out of my pocket while watching this documentary on Hunter S. Thompson - Gonzo. It's pretty sick; you should check it out some time. Anyways, I had left her house thinking it was in my back pocket but upon arriving home realized that my back pocket was actually inhabited by my bike light - which, I'm not sure how ended up there, but, things work in strange ways sometimes and I've by now accepted that. But now here I am, waiting for her to wake up or at least for a decent time to go get my phone from her. I start school in 4 days and I'm not feeling ready at all. It's my last year in high school and I'm taking harder classes than I had planned. I'm supposed to have Hound Of The Baskervilles and Naked Economics read by Monday. I haven't started either. Instead, I just finished Catcher In The Rye, which I enjoyed despite everyone else telling me it was awful, and I'm currently reading Ham On Rye. I'll probably finish my assigned reading in one evening or just hit up Sparknotes like any good student would. And by assigned reading, I mean Hound Of The Baskervilles, as there's no way in hell I'll read Naked Economics. It just sounds gut wrenchingly boring. I'll probably watch Coffee And Cigarettes today with Ashley when she wakes up. Or something like that. I just want to enjoy my remaining summer days, without the punishment of procrastination.

No comments: