Sunday, August 16, 2009

I woke up at ten thirty this morning. I was the first time I had slept in in years. I feel groggy, uncomfortable, and drained, but I still like that I just wasted a few hours of my day by not opening my eyes. Last night I had some friends (Chris and Lindsay) over, and we went and saw District 9. It was a lot better than I expected, and I am not really into sci-fi. It was very well-done and put together, and not super cheesy like I expected. After the movie, we came back to my house and called up some more people to come hang out - Elliot and James. Also, my mom's friend and her daughter, Amber, were staying at the house for the weekend, so Amber joined us too. It was my first time meeting her and I feel like I've made a new friend. When James and Elliot arrived, Lindsay had to go home so she went home. Anyways, we didn't really have much to do so we took a walk downtown, picking up Kathy along the way, and Chris got a pita at the Pita Pit. We walked around a bit more and then went back home. The weather was nice for summertime in Florida, and it made me look forward to the upcoming cold months. When we got back home we decided to take turns shaving Elliot's head. It was a bad idea, considering we only had a small clipper used for trimming beards. It took away an hour and we did a really bad job. Before we knew it it was 3:30 in the morning and everyone went home except Chris who slept in my bed. As much as I hate staying up so late, it was good fun with good friends, and a way to keep me occupied while Ashley's away. She comes back tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to seeing her as always, because while the company of friends is always nice, there's nothing quite like being held, sometimes.

No comments: