Tuesday, January 13, 2009

More thoughts.

Today was the definition of gloom. Rainy, cold, dark - no complaints of course...but it could have been a bit nicer out. I didn't ride my bike to school today, which meant I was aching to ride by the time I got home. On my cold, slightly lonely ride through downtown I came to notice a few things - Orlando is quickly getting that gross "big city" feeling that so many of us despise. More buildings, more shops, more restaurants, more everything - and it's not a good thing. Sure, convenience is nice, but hardly worth the cost. I miss walking to Lake Eola when I was little not seeing the giant courthouse, or not seeing the peoples' million dollar cars parked up and down the side of every street. Oh well.

More on the bike ride.

I took my usual "I'm bored and kinda stressed so I'm biking" route - up Summerlin and down Central and then pretty much whatever way I feel like taking back home...usually back down Church until I get onto Summerlin again, and blah blah blah. I also made a point to get some coffee from Panera - because I never buy coffee, but now I remember why, because they just don't make it like I do at home. Whatever. I then walked my bike around Lake Eola and once again observed the looming buildings and black clouds over the city. Not pleasant.

And now I'm back home.

Not looking forward to too much else, save for tomorrow and Friday. Tomorrow - Food Not Bombs. Friday - Sushi Hatsu (now a Friday night tradition, I suppose), and camping. In my backyard. Again.

Yay.

Today's playlist: Skaven, No Comment, Disrupt

No comments: