Monday, December 1, 2008

Getting away.

Sign I found posted on a pole on Edgewater on the way to school. No joke.

This weekend I will be returning to one of my favorite cities in Florida - St. Pete. I look forward to going back and getting out of Orlando. Lately I've felt the need to get away from here, as much as I love it. Hopefully all will go well and it will be just as fun as I look forward to it being.

In other good news, it seems I may be in a band now - sweet (as opposed to the one Wes and I may start too). The other night when Chris and Nathan came over we jammed a little bit jokingly playing power-violence sounding stuff that we made up off of the top of our heads. I did vocals, Chris played guitar, and Nathan drummed - on the floor. We actually ended up sounding pretty good, funny enough, so after some thought I brough the idea of being an actual band up to Chris who brough it up to Nathan. We all thought it sounded like a good idea so we asked our friend Tyler Legacy (yes, that is his real name) if he'd be down to play bass and he said yes. Sweet. I hope we can make it work despite living in different cities. Seeing as I'm not as into hardcore as the rest of the band and they're not as into crust and the like as I am, power-violence seems like a good medium. It will pretty much be the shit.

I've also recently discovered how much I fucking love Amebix - which should have been automatic anyways, but I digress. I've also discovered that i really like From Ashes Rise - I'm a sucker for melodic stuff, and theyre really kicking my ears' ass right now. "Nightmares" is a really good album, and I hope it doesn't get added to my list of "really good albums that i listened to once and forgot about".

One last note - I really wish there were other punks at my school.

I think it's time for a change.

2 comments:

ryanfromdeland said...

i feel you on amebix - a longtime favorite of mine too.

http://www.smnnews.com/board/showthread.php?t=195482

Dylan Eitharong said...

I'd had Arise for quite a while - but I think it was you talking about how much you loved them and Adrien telling me how they got back together that prompted me to do more listening.

And I so wish there were Florida dates on that tour - but I know that won't stop you from seeing them.