Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year, I Guess

As another year rolls in, I once again find myself feeling bits of melancholy, stress, angst, happiness, excitement, and disappointment. What did 2008 really leave me with? Good memories, a lot of new friends, good experiences, etc. But I also realize as another year passes there has been a lot I've still missed out on, and my patience for seeing everything I want to narrows. At least this new year's eve I'll be home, and not out making one of the worst decisions of my life as I did last year.

Just as well, I've enjoyed the past few days, the remaining days of the year at This Is For You Fest (as well as the even more fun pre-show). I met a lot of cool people and saw a lot of sweet bands. But it also made me ache to see shows like that all the time. I love going to shows and the venue being packed to the brim with barely enough room for a circle pit. It even got me thinking that more small bar shows should be booked, as much as Blackbox needs the money, sometimes I miss the feeling of the tiny packed Uncle Lou's shows. The pre-show at Hoops on Saturday night left me with a feeling of well-taken nostalgia.

No resolutions this year, and no one to be with except a couple of my closest friends. No special someone to share it with, and strangely enough I don't care too much. I don't drink, so I obviously won't be getting drunk.

But I will welcome 2009 with a smile, and if I could, a hug.

No comments: