Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Disappointment...

...seems to follow me everywhere. Rather than be disappointed by any certain thing, it just seems to be something I can always look forward to. Even when great, fun things are in my near future, I am learning to expect the expected - for them not to happen for me. With winter break coming up and all types of shows and fests on the horizon that I looked forward to, today I came to the realization that the only thing getting my hopes up will do is bring them down at time of arrival. Oh well.

On the other hand, it was a good day mostly, although once again cut short. I came home from Food Not Bombs to get Nhac a backpatch to give to him before he left for NC, but upon coming home I wasn't allowed to leave again. Figures. I spent most of the day having fun cooking with Food Not Bombs and hanging out with friends, and I got some more time to try my legs at riding fixed gear. Nhac also gave me a sweet "Son Of Godzilla" shirt. Fuck yes.

Now I'm listening to HHIG's Monuments To Thieves album, which I picked up on vinyl last night. It's been one of my favorite albums for quite a while, and hearing it on vinyl makes it so much better. Seriously. Love this shit. I'm not too big a fan of 15 Counts Of Arson and haven't too much looked into their other shit, but this album alone is enough to solidify them as one of my favorite bands. Melodic-ish crust/sludge/awesomeness? I think so.

I hope I can find something to do with the rest of my night to keep me occupied. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, which is in my opinion the worst holiday ever. So I hope to get that over with quick and easy to make way for Critical Mass Friday (I will sadly not be attending the DYSSS alley cat that night as well...bummer) and maybe a great weekend. I don't really look forward to weekends as much lately unless I know I'm going out of town, which I don't. We'll see!

No comments: