Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday nuggets

I hate Friday nights, because in most cases I have nothing to do except sit at home and use the internets. Being 17 and having restrictions is a pain in the ass - "riding your bike on a Friday night is DANGEROUS" says the parental unit. It's good to have a parent who cares though, and I do see where she's coming from. I'll be 18 in a year, until then, I just deal.

And it looks like I'm going to Tampa tomorrow, albeit some of the above mentioned subjects apply - it's become a "family outing" and apparently not a day of exploring and causing mischief. We'll see how that goes, as there's a few key things I'd like to do while I'm there.

Anyhow, I've been on a music craze the past 2 or 3 days. Mostly, I've been giving a lot of time to old favorites that I haven't listened to in a long time or bands I just listened to briefly a long time ago and am now realizing their AWESOMENESS.

Old Favorites: Nux Vomica, Black Kronstadt, Mischief Brew, His Hero Is Gone
Bands I don't know why I didn't get into the first time I heard them: State of Fear (Really digging these guys), Japanther, Amebix (for the longest time, I only had Arise but I just downloaded Monolith and Jesus Crust it's good!), Anti-Product, Tragedy.

Anyone who hasn't listened to Black Kronstadt, I suggest you go buy or download their Crimes of Capital EP or Free Spirit full-length right now. This is the band that later became Iskra, which is one of my favorite bands. They're dark, blackened crust, not as heavy as Iskra and with dueling (comprehensible) male and female vocals. Go listen, now. They should be available from crustmas if you don't feel like going through the intense search for physical copies or using soulseek.

Otherwise, it looks like I'm home all night, but on the bright side, that means more music to be downloaded and listened to! Fuck yes!

No comments: